Web developers design and create websites. They are responsible for the technical aspects of a website, including how it works and how it looks. They use a variety of programming languages and tools to build and maintain websites, and they often work closely with web designers to ensure that the website is visually appealing and easy to use. The web development space is constantly evolving and it can be difficult to keep up with the latest technologies and trends. From advancements in Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning to the increasing popularity of Progressive Web Apps, 2023 promises a lot for web developers. Here is what you need to look out for, to stay ahead of the curve.
- Progressive Web Apps (PWA): These are web apps that easily convert into mobile apps. Users can add them to their home screen and access them like a traditional mobile app. They use modern web technologies such as service workers and web manifest files to provide a user experience that is similar to a native mobile app, including offline functionality and push notifications. PWAs offer the advantage of accessibility and do away with the need to download an app from the Android or iOS store. They are faster and use fewer data than traditional mobile apps.
- Voice Search: Voice search or voice search optimization (VSO) is an emerging web development trend. It involves using voice to search, rather than typing. The voice assistant is based on artificial intelligence (AI). The voice is recognized and converted into text, matching the result with the words in the database. With VSO, local SEO campaigns become more effective, and the customers’ queries are answered quickly.
- Chatbots: With chatbots offering 24/7 support, they are becoming a favorite pick on numerous websites, encouraging customer engagement. Chatbots help streamline customers by engaging in conversation to understand their precise requirements. Another benefit of having a chatbot on your website is how they simplify things while always being there to answer queries. By doing so, they improve brand trust and ensure that visitors are converted into customers.
- WordPress: WordPress is an open-source platform for website development. Nearly 64.3% of website function through WordPress, of which 20.1% use WooCommerce as a supportive e-commerce platform. This clearly indicates the popularity of WordPress and highlights how the platform will continue to play an important role in 2023.
- Dark Mode: The dark mode makes many websites and apps easier to use. This feature is easier on the eyes of the users and allows them to switch between light and dark modes when convenient. Most of the leading websites have enabled the dark mode feature, to offer greater convenience to their users.
- Internet of Things (IoT): The internet of things, or IoT, is a system of interrelated devices and machines that have the ability to transfer data over a network without requiring human-to-human or human-to-computer interaction.
- Internet of Behavior (IoB): The use of the internet in the automation of processes has resulted in an emerging concept called the Internet of Behavior (IoB). It is an extension of the Internet of Things (IoT). It includes analyzing data obtained from devices, tracking customer behavior, and influencing their decisions. It is used in various industries such as healthcare, marketing, finance, and education to optimize performance, improve decision-making, and enhance the user experience.
While these are just a few major trends to look out for, every aspect of website development plays an important role in ensuring that a website stands out across devices. From a growing emphasis on the user experience through the dark mode and accessibility to the increasing use of Artificial Intelligence and Progressive Web Apps, it is evident that the web development landscape is constantly evolving. It is essential to stay informed of these trends and continually up-skill to remain relevant and competitive!